Director of Communications (Cayman Islands, Full-time)
Location: Cayman Islands
Block.one Cayman Islands is looking for a Director of Communications to join the team.
Block.one is a technology focused asset holding and investment company based in the Cayman Islands that creates, incubates and invests in businesses building trust in transactions, transparency in systems and efficiency in how our world works. Through strategic capital allocation and pioneering business ventures, Block.one has funded more than 100 innovative entrepreneurs to date.
• Manage a comprehensive communications strategy for B1 that includes public relations, social channel management, community relations, and internal communications.
• Develop high-quality written materials that convey B1’s corporate narrative and larger business purpose including press releases, thought leadership, Q&A’s, etc.
• Manage social media content programming, this includes sourcing, developing, scheduling, and publishing.
• Work closely with the leadership of the company to grow the business
• Bring to this role, or develop, effective relationships with external stakeholders including media and community stakeholders.
• Manage agency relationships to ensure the highest level of performance and results.
• Developing and sharing insights often on a daily basis with key stakeholders.
• Potential to manage staff or grow a team.
• 6-10 years strong background in PR or financial, technology journalism. Background in tech and fintech would be an advantage.
• 5+ years experience running social media channels.
• Native-level English speaking, writing, and grammar skills, using American English Standards.
• Understands how business strategy and targets align with communications goals.
• Strong interest in, and curiosity for, blockchain, cryptocurrencies, business building, fintech, financial, and social media markets.
• Skilled in media engagement with a network of contacts in Top Tier financial, technology media at traditional and digital outlets.
• Proactive self-starter, able to pitch ideas and see them through to completion.
• Detail-oriented with ability to work under pressure and tight schedules with great attitude.
• Ability to work both as a team member and independently.
• Delivers work that is “client ready” that does not require extensive editing or oversight from other team members.
• Has a “startup” mentality of being willing to step in to get tasks done with a positive and can-do spirit.
• Experience working in a publicly traded company.
• Agility with cross-border collaboration to work smoothly with colleagues in other time zones to meet targets and share resources.
For more information, or to apply for this position, please visit https://blockone.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Blockone/job/Cayman-Islands/Director-of-Communications_JR2000607.