Manager, Information Technology (Cayman Islands, Full-time)
Location: Cayman Islands
Block.one Cayman Islands is looking for a hands-on Manager, Information Technology (IT) to join the team and take ownership of the IT needs for our Cayman office. This person will assume the implementation and support of core services, such as email, communications, video conferencing, mobility, and instant messaging, manage the cyber security of end user and local area network computing, and introduce and implement additional IT services to improve the end user experience and increase the maturity of the Cayman Islands IT systems.
Block.one is a technology focused asset holding and investment company based in the Cayman Islands that creates, incubates and invests in businesses building trust in transactions, transparency in systems and efficiency in how our world works. Through strategic capital allocation and pioneering business ventures, Block.one has funded more than 100 innovative entrepreneurs to date.
● Support a resident Cayman Island workforce including a highly mobile team of executives and staff
● Work within different time zones and flexible hours to support staff
● Procure, deploy and maintain end user IT hardware, software and services
● Manage Windows, macOS and iOS platforms through the use of a Mobile Device Management solutions
● Implement and manage services such as email, messaging and video conferencing using an SSO/IDP solution
● Evaluate and implement local networking and video conferencing solutions
● Design, implement and operate a highly available network infrastructure and perform advanced network troubleshooting to support business critical functions
● Ensure the security of end user systems, networks, and software applications through various means including implementation of hardware and software, and contracting of 3rd party services
● Manage contractor relationships including SaaS and other IT service providers
● Demonstrated experience managing a Corporate Information Technology function over multiple years including the evaluation and upgrading of equipment to maintain pace with technical advancements
● Experience supporting executive level staff and their evolving technology needs
● In depth, multi-year financial services or other high availability support experience
● Willingness to perform all hands-on functions within the IT space, from network implementations to end user support and hardware deployments to cyber security controls
● Knowledge of cyber security threats and how to mitigate them within end user computer
● Experience with implementing high availability networking solutions
● Outstanding communication and organizational skills
● Thorough documentation skills
● Ability to work flexible hours as required
For more information, or to apply for this position, please visit https://blockone.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Blockone/job/Cayman-Islands/Manager--Information-Technology-Cayman-Islands_JR2000592.