Payroll and Data Entry Clerk (Cayman Islands, Full Time)
The responsibilities for this position, based locally in the Cayman Islands, include calculating, entering and maintaining source data in company payroll software and on-line banking templates and initiating wires to pay employees around the world.
About Professional Yacht Crew SEZC (Fairport)
Fairport was founded by Graeme Lord, who wanted to provide a fresh concept in yacht shore support, specializing in offering experienced, knowledgeable, and personable service to yacht owners, captains, and industry professionals.
Our team has the knowledge that comes from hands-on experience. Fairport is built on the philosophy that going the extra mile for our clients is part of each ordinary day.
The name Fairport hails from distinct seas and an era gone by. Graeme Lord’s great-grandfather was in command of the mighty sailing vessel that traveled the seven seas delivering goods from port to port.
His grandmother and her sister were raised aboard the vessel and have told tales of rounding Cape Horn only to encounter weather that required them to cut the masts down.
In his great grandmother’s words:
“The seas were running mountains high and it looked as if we might be enveloped at any minute.”
Fairport is rich in history. Now, it is Graeme’s turn to take command of Fairport.
Location: Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
You will be responsible for:
- Enter Employee and account data by inputting alphabetic and numeric information into appropriate company payroll software.
- Verify employee account data by reviewing, correcting, deleting or re-entering data.
- Create and maintain on-line banking templates for each employee.
- Maintain updated payroll information, as necessary.
- Prepare funding report for Owner/Rep.
- Calculate Worldwide Payroll Tax withholding
- Bank Reconciliation
- Initiate monthly payroll from source documents by making wire deposits through an on-line bank payment system.
- Maintain operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Update and maintain Escrow Excel spreadsheet.
- Comply with data integrity and security policies.
- Track crew leave accrual.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred experience and qualifications:
An excellent payroll data entry specialist has great understanding of the concept of confidentiality. You will be experienced in entering data with attention to detail and have excellent typing speed and accuracy. QuickBooks Payroll module will be used to calculate withholding amounts and to create reports. The ideal candidate will be a thorough professional with good communication and organizational abilities.
- A strong verbal and written comprehension of the English language
- Data Entry Work experience
- Experience with MS office – Strong Excel Skills
- Microsoft Outlook
- Experience with QuickBooks Enterprise
- Familiarity with admin duties
- Familiarity with office equipment; scanner, printer etc.
- Typing speed and accuracy
- Attention to detail
- Organizational skills
Competitive and commensurate with experience.