Regulatory Compliance Executive (Cayman Islands, Full Time)
Location: Cayman Islands
Deriv Group is one of the largest brokers in the world, with over 1,200 team members and 20 global offices. In a journey spanning more than 22 years, we have designed and implemented proprietary trading products and services, growing our markets to over 2.5 million customers worldwide. Our mission has remained the same throughout to make trading accessible to anyone, anywhere. Deriv Life and Deriv Careers illustrate our focus on client satisfaction, excellence, innovation, and, most importantly, integrity. Join us to experience the excitement of a fast-paced, collaborative environment where we challenge ourselves to push the boundaries of what's possible in the fintech industry.
As a Regulatory Compliance Executive at Deriv Group, you will be part of a team acting as the point of reference for regulatory and compliance matters to ensure that the Group meet the relevant legal and regulatory obligations emanating from the respective licenses.
- Ensure Deriv remains compliant with regulations. Maintain awareness of regulatory developments within and outside of the company.
- Keep abreast of evolving best practices in compliance controls.
- Engage in the fulfilment and delivery of compliance programs and compile compliance reports.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory developments that may affect Deriv Group and its operations. Disseminate relevant information to key stakeholders and provide recommendations where applicable.
- Support the implementation and monitoring of internal controls to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Create, maintain, and implement compliance-related policies, conduct internal compliance reviews, and perform legislative gap analyses.
- Prepare risk assessments to support the decision-making process for risk mitigation.
- Compile regulatory reports, including information requests, data, and responses to Consultation Papers, as required.
- Participate in onsite/remote internal/external meetings and conferences with other teams, regulatory authorities, or other external parties as required to exchange information and develop relationships and processes in the team's/company's interest.
- 5+ years of experience in Regulatory.
- A university degree in commerce, law, or risk management.
- Significant understanding of legal and regulatory compliance.
- In-depth understanding of the regulatory frameworks surrounding investment services.
- Competence in drafting and reviewing legal documents and preparing license applications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other major office suites.
- A knack for absorbing and comprehending compliance matters in international jurisdictions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the capability to work with all levels of personnel with a high degree of integrity and maturity.
- Attention to detail, excellent organisational skills, with the ability to work on multiple priorities simultaneously.
- A can-do attitude with an eagerness to learn and develop your career.
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills.
What’s good to have
- Diploma in Governance Risk and Compliance from the International Compliance Association (ICA) or equivalent qualifications in the compliance field.
- Knowledge of the MiFID regime and other EU legislations, including EMIR, MiFIR and MAR.
- Keeping up to date with the developments of fintech solutions and the applicable legislation that may affect Deriv Group.
What we’ll give you
- Market-based salary.
- Annual performance bonus.
- Health benefits.
- Casual dress code.
- Travel and internet allowances.