Vice President of Compliance (Cayman Islands, Full Time)
Location: Cayman Islands
Founded in 1999, the Deriv Group has grown to become one of the world’s largest CFD and derivatives brokers. With almost a thousand employees across 14 offices worldwide, the Group offers a range of online trading facilities to clients in over 100 countries via its flagship website www.deriv.com. In a journey spanning more than 22 years, Deriv has grown to over 2.5 million customers worldwide. But its mission has remained the same: to make trading accessible to anyone, anywhere.
We are opening an office in the Cayman Commodities and Derivatives City of the Cayman Enterprise City to serve as a compliance, corporate governance, and operational risk management center for the Deriv Group. As the VP of Compliance at this office, you will be responsible for providing oversight on regulatory and statutory compliance to the Group in all its areas of operations. You will provide technical advice, undertake risk assessments, develop policies, and devise procedures to help the Group comply with relevant laws, regulations, and licensing requirements across its worldwide derivatives operations.
- Provide compliance guidance to the Deriv Group business and help us understand the legislation applicable to the Group and its subsidiaries.
- Monitor new and proposed changes in the standards, legislation, and notifications from regulators and update internal policies and procedures accordingly.
- Liaise with Deriv Group’s Head of Compliance and our Compliance teams worldwide to ensure an aligned holistic compliance framework.
- Liaise with financial regulatory authorities and industry standards organizations as required.
- Develop and lead the implementation of strategy for monitoring compliance, audits, reviews, and action plans.
- Develop the annual compliance work plan and periodically revise it to ensure it efficiently follows new developments in regulatory requirements.
- A university degree in a related field
- 8+ years of experience in a compliance role
- Deep understanding of corporate governance, anti-money laundering (AML), economic substance, international tax, derivatives regulations, and other relevant legislation
- Experience in dealing with financial regulatory bodies
- Solid understanding of legal requirements and controls
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
- A degree in finance, law, risk management, banking, financial services, payments, or another relevant field
What we’ll give you
- Exciting work challenges
- Cooperative work environment
- Career advancement opportunities
- Market-based salary
- Annual performance bonus
- Casual dress code
- Training sessions and webinars to help you advance your career
- Inspiring work environment and creative freedom
You’ll be part of the Compliance team. We’re responsible for managing regulatory compliance within the group. We perform a wide range of tasks, such as providing guidance for operational compliance with regulations and assisting with regulatory audits and annual statutory audits. Our work is essential to the company’s sustainability and ambition.